SUMMER ISLAND OATS
Fall is almost here. We can certainly feel it in the air. It’s cool, crisp and refreshing. But we still have a few more summer days to hang on to before Fall officially hits. I’m all ready for Fall to be here. I’m sitting here in a sweater as I write this and am loving every minute of it. But if you’re not ready for summer to be over, you can still enjoy the taste of summer and the islands with my Summer Island Oats recipe.
There are 3 flavors that make up this Summer Island flavor: coconut, cacao and banana. They blend so perfectly together, that I consider this one of my best oatmeal recipes to date. So if you’d like to take yourself on a little island getaway, at least in your mind, whip up these Summer Island Oats and let your taste buds take you there.
Summer Island Oats Recipe
- 1/3 or 1/2 c (organic) rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 1 tsp coconut-palm sugar or raw honey
- 1 tsp (organic) cacao powder
- 1 tsp (organic, unrefined) coconut oil
- 1 banana
How to make it:
- Cook your oats (in water) however you like them best–microwave or stovetop
- Add your preferred sweetener (stevia, coconut-palm or honey), the cacao powder and the coconut oil
- Stir well, mixing and folding the oats
- Dice or tear up a banana and fold it into your oats
It’s THAT easy. Wholesome ingredients that will nourish you and fill you up. For some protein, you can also cook in an egg white or two while you are cooking your oats. This breakfast will keep you going til lunch and you’ll love every minute of it.